Traineeships are designed to prepare young people for their future career, helping them to get ready for the world of work and improving their chances of getting an Apprenticeship or into other employment opportunities.
Traineeships are aimed at helping young people aged 16 to 24 years who are not in paid employment, not in education and have a qualification no higher than a level 3 (A-levels/Btec).
The duration of a Traineeship can vary however the minimum amount of time required is six weeks to a maximum of one year.
The benefits of taking a Trainee as an employer:
- Adapt training to your businesses needs
- It is a short programme which is funded by the government.
- gives your current employees experience in training and mentoring
- can help you increase capacity and productivity
- can help you develop a talented workforce
- Allows you to help tackle youth unemployment
- On successful traineeship completion, you may offer trainee an apprenticeship position